Derry, Northern Ireland

Derry, Northern Ireland
A book I'm working on is set in this town.

Friday, July 29, 2022

Errands, today...

Printed out a copy of BA to do a red pen edit, again. Crisp it up, some more...maybe closer to 24,000 words. That's my goal for tomorrow and Sunday. My birthday is Sunday and I want to have a steak at Ruby Tuesday's in Niagara Falls, Canada, to celebrate. I'm headed over at about 5pm. Got my info set up online and my permit printed out, so should be okay.

There used to be a Tony Roma's, over there, but last time I was able to go the building was empty. Too bad; they had a good filet and baked their potatoes just right. They do have a Ruth's Chriss, which is brutally expensive but amazingly good. I had a gift card for there and took my nephew, for dinner. And even with $150 off it was nearly $300. No steak is worth that much.

I realized, today, I've put less than 1000 miles on my car since the beginning of the year, that's how little I drive it around Buffalo. TBH, the city doesn't interest me enough to go exploring, and I have so many things I want to write and know I'm very slow in that, it seems a waste of time to do so.

The Smashwords sale is almost over, and while I've done all right with it, the vast majority of the books chosen were free copies of Hunter 1-4. CK did not get picked up once while A65 was minimal. Which really disappoints me. Granted, there isn't much I can do to change that since it would take a lot of time and effort, and in August I have to set up my website, again, thanks to GoDaddy upgrading their system and refusing to migrate my current onto it. I would dump them, but I've for over $300 wrapped up in that company...so it stays.

And I just keep plugging along.

No comments: