Derry, Northern Ireland

Derry, Northern Ireland
A book I'm working on is set in this town.

Sunday, July 31, 2022

Rude dude...

In a weird mood off bad food and feelin' crude, it's time to be all misconstrued.

Or not.

Worked this up as a synopsis for Book One of Blood Angel:

Near the end of the 11th Century, after the Norman conquest of England, a young carpenter named Léonidès is raped and murdered by several men he trusts. Only he doesn't die; he becomes a Blood Angel, the highest caste of vampire, with greater abilities than the rest. But he doesn't want revenge; he's seeking control.

This is the first of seven volumes following his story up to modern times, as he grows in power and wealth and struggles against those who want to destroy him...including his own sister.

Just to make it fun, this is how I see the beginning of Book Two - Thirty Years, which is set in the east of France as Germany collapses into all out war, early 17th Century. Léon's got six former monks/vampires as his retinue and he's kept them on a tight leash. Metaphorically speaking, not actually. There are too many around who would read that as a master/servant setup.

Oh, and I see the blond guy in the middle as Léon, with silvery-haired Gregory lying on his chest.

I didn't make it to Canada, today. Felt too weird and edgy, like I sometimes do before having intestinal problems. And I did not want to be caught midway between Buffalo and Niagara Falls in need of a bathroom. I hate to waste food, but the remains of the chili I had for lunch probably should have gone into the trash instead of my belly.

Feeling much better, now. And weird.

No comments: