Derry, Northern Ireland

Derry, Northern Ireland
A book I'm working on is set in this town.

Wednesday, July 27, 2022

I'm insane...

Another draft done on BA...and another 2000 words added. Plugging in the origin of the Oiym, the first Blood Angels, and settling Léon with his six monks, once Prior Pious is dealt with...it just kept going and going and going. It's now 118 pages and 26,500 words.

I'm going to print it out, again, and see if there is anything I can drop that isn't necessary...like maybe the last 5 pages. It's just getting to be too much...because I can see where I'm cutting corners on parts of the story just to get past it, and I do not want to add more. Sometimes I can get lost in the detail and forget the scope of the tale.

Aw, fuck it. The book will be what it's going to be. There's fun gay sex in the first half of the book, then Léon is raped and turned and there is vicious gay sex in the second half of the book. So why am I worried about making this literature on the level of Hemingway or Cheever? A lot of self-importance there.

I do like combining gay sex in with solid stories and writing. That's what I've aimed for in all my books...well, except for Carli's Kills and The Alice '65. Blood Angel is going to be no different. I'll write it as best I can then publish it and see what reaction I get.

There's some gay sex in A Place of Safety, but only alluded to in Derry and dealt with more directly in Houston. None of it is in Return. I think part of my issue with BA, right now, is I'm getting antsy and want to turn back to APoS. But I can't until BA is published...which will only be in ebook form so it's not as intense a process.

Another couple of joys, at the moment, are being about to hit 70 years old (on the 31st) and being on antibiotics thanks to what my doctor thinks might be a light case of bronchitis due to the smoke from that fire a few weeks back. I've been hacking up a lung for a couple weeks, so I guess it's good I can take the damn things. But I'm on them for another 10 days.

Oh, and a packing job in Ketchum, Idaho is on, middle of the month. I'm not looking forward to this one.

No comments: