Derry, Northern Ireland

Derry, Northern Ireland
A book I'm working on is set in this town.

Sunday, September 24, 2023

Eating healthy sucks...

I ran some errands today -- groceries, frames for pieces I want to hang, office supplies -- and got hungry so while I was at Wegman's I decided to have a serving of sushi. I'm not crazy about it, but I've found I do kind of like a California roll, and this one even said it's cooked. Besides, nothing else was appetizing and my other choice was to get a BLT at 5-Guys up the road. 

Should have done 5-Guys. I'm still sick from that damn sushi. I don't think it really was cooked, and it honestly did not taste all that great. Even with Wasabi and Soy Sauce. I had to come straight home once I felt my stomach rebelling.

This always happens when I try to eat healthy. Get a salad? Tummy rebels. Eat vegetarian at a restaurant? Tummy rebels...though not when I cook something at home, like with Amy's fake chicken patties. I make chicken parmesan with those and that turns out good. But it seems lately anytime I eat out in a healthy way, I get sick.

I can have a burger at 5-Guys and no problem. Chili-dog and onion rings at Ted's and no problem. Slice of pizza anyplace, no problem. But a meal at Chili's and I gotta be careful. Like people don't keep their kitchens clean. I'm better off eating at home. And it's cheaper, too, so there's that. Maybe my gut's taken a good look at my finances and said, Okay, we're cutting this nonsense out.

I did get the last of the notes on APoS so will input those, tomorrow. Another person upset at the ending. But it is what it is. They found some serious typos in Derry that no one else saw, including me. Excellent. I hope they'll be willing to do the proofing of Houston and then the last one, which I'm now calling Home, Not Home.

Now I'm cranky and sleepy. Gonna watch another Midsomer Murders episode just to moon over Nick Hendrix. No idea why I do, I just...do. He was even the inspiration for Finn in The Beast in the Nothing Room, though I doubt he'd appreciate knowing that, considering all he goes through in that book.

Sometimes I just plain do not understand me.

No comments: