Derry, Northern Ireland

Derry, Northern Ireland
A book I'm working on is set in this town.

Wednesday, September 27, 2023

NSFW 'Cause I'm not happy

I did the following to get my mind off the possibility that I've developed skin cancer. I had my annual visit with the dermatologist, today, and she took samples from a couple of probable spots for biopsies. I'll have the results in a week. I have other spots on my arms, neck and chin that are pre-cancer so will be using a special cream on them. What a joy. Outwardly I'm calm; inwardly I'm WTF???

Needless to say, I'm going to be doubling down on getting APoS done, just in case. And fuck trying to get a publisher or agent interested. That'll take too long and too much effort. What matters is the book gets out.

Anyway, to take my mind off it, for a bit, I wrote a little dittie that's very wicked. Maybe a companion piece to the one I posted with Freddy as the victim. We shall see. This is the image that set it going.

  • The hour was late before Ray headed home
  • From his brother's party, as held at Le Dome. 
  • The blues and blacks of the night's sharp monochrome 
  • Made him feel so easy, he thought he would roam 
  • Since he had a condo that wasn't too far. 
  • But he didn't notice when that big blue car 
  • Pulled out of the parking lot next to the bar 
  • And quietly followed him. Back doors ajar. 
  • He reached his street and as he started to turn 
  • The car pulled ahead of him. Too late to learn 
  • Four men were inside of it, and each did burn 
  • To force Ray to join in their weekend sojourn. 
  • So out they jumped and around him they did swarm 
  • To bind him and gag him. Then to his alarm, 
  • Into their trunk, he went. Oh, they meant him harm, 
  • And he knew he'd never escape them, through charm. 
  • For three weeks Ray vanished and could not be found. 
  • The fear grew that he was six feet underground. 
  • Then one day he showed up, and he looked half-drowned. 
  • "I'll tell you what happened," he said. "Gather 'round." 
  • His body was bruised and the scars on his back 
  • Proved without a doubt he'd been under attack. 
  • "Four men took turns beating me, in a room black, 
  • And raping me, each one a wild maniac. 
  • I spoke to one softly, and I made him care. 
  • Then I learned a secret that they did not share. 
  • The room was a cellar, and all its fresh air 
  • Came through a vent in the ceiling. So there 
  • I focused my efforts to set myself free. 
  • The black paint had hidden it well. I could see, 
  • That it was too narrow for someone like me 
  • But it proved an excellent decoy. That's key. 
  • So when one of them came in to have his sick joy, 
  • I hid in the shadows, and I did employ 
  • The sight of the open vent. I wasn't coy. 
  • He ran off to tell them that they'd lost their boy. 
  • He left the door open. I raced down the hall 
  • To stairs leading up and outside. Their footfall 
  • Was fast coming after me, and they did call 
  • For me to stop running. What I did was haul 
  • As fast as I could to a thick grove of trees 
  • And hid in there. Grateful for a gentle breeze. 
  • Then made my way here, keeping hidden. For these 
  • Madmen now wanted to kill me. So please, 
  • Let me have a good meal and bath, and then I 
  • Will lead the police back to where they do lie." 
  • And that's what Ray did. He was some kind of guy. 
  • But never did we learn those men's reasons why.

No comments: