Derry, Northern Ireland

Derry, Northern Ireland
A book I'm working on is set in this town.

Thursday, September 21, 2023

King of the typos...

Got more corrections from the last editor, and she's finding things no one else noticed. Lots of things, that once they're pointed out become brutally obvious. Missing words. Wrong words. Jesus. I should use only her, from now on. It's depressing. Even worse, I got so busy inputting them I lost track of time.

The two others who looked the piece over hated the ending, and I'm sure she will, as well. I don't like it, either, but the whole of the story is leading up to it. Also, it feeds into the third volume, when Brendan returns. So it is what it is.

Tomorrow, I'm getting an MRI done to see what this spot is on one of my kidneys. Be nice if they could also find out why I have a bump in my gut. My original PCP said it's just how my intestines aligned. Not sure it can be fixed unless I lose 50 lbs. Yeah, that's gonna happen.

Got two official refusals from agents, today. Not our kind of thing, sort of responses. At least they let me know. Most of them say, If you don't hear from us, that means we're not interested. And I haven't heard from a lot of them.

At least Martin Melaugh agreed to let me use the photo I wanted for volume one, in exchange for credit. But the negative is badly scratched up, like it was dragged over sandpaper, so I'm not sure about it, now. Part of me says it adds to the feel of it; the other part says you can fix it in photoshop. It'll take hours, but doable.

Spent a lot of the day reworking the plan for a potential packing job in NYC, mid-November. Got a list and have photos of the books in their cases. Not a massive job. I'd thought I might stay an extra day and hit the Metropolitan Museum or the Public Library, but hotel rooms are $4-500 a night, including taxes.

Not happening.

No comments: