Derry, Northern Ireland

Derry, Northern Ireland
A book I'm working on is set in this town.

Tuesday, September 26, 2023

LA Bound?


Looks like the Mulholland job is a done deal, for the week after Thanksgiving. I'm expecting photos of the items the end of the week. Then comes working out the costings -- air fare, car, hotel, packing materials -- while someone else handles the costs of air freight. I plan to enjoy this one; it may be my last if not one of my last packing jobs.

I felt a lot better, today. More agent queries out, though I'm getting close to the end of the list. I have a feeling I'll be self-publishing all three volumes of APoS. Which is fine. I should focus on learning more about how best to launch it and what I can do to promote it. Not gonna be cheap.

Tomorrow is my yearly visit with a dermatologist, to make sure I'm not building up any skin cancer or other issues. I had second degree sunburn in Honolulu, when we lived there, so have to be careful. After it's done, I'm getting the new covid vaccine then hitting the Mac store to talk to someone about what setup would be best for me to get so I can easily do Photoshop and Word. I'm done with this MacBook Pro.

It stops running off battery at 55% full. Just shuts down, completely, and won't start up until I have it connected to a power source for 5 minutes. The touchpad is becoming less and less sensitive. My mouse won't work on it.  One of the ports has crapped out. It's a poor, overly-delicate design for someone like me.

I have a company PC that I can use on trips, like to Seattle in a couple weeks, and to the Mulholland job. It's heavier but not as sensitive. I don't like how the programs appear on it, but they work fine so that's just me being finicky. Besides, the mouse works great, with it.

Just refer to me as another obnoxious kitteh who likes something till he doesn't.

No comments: