Derry, Northern Ireland

Derry, Northern Ireland
A book I'm working on is set in this town.

Saturday, September 2, 2023

Pondering...

So comes the question -- how much is too much and when is too much not enough?

I spent the day working on images for Missing, one of which is an addition to earlier in the series. Set between images 8 and 9, it's a sketch I hadn't intended to use because it felt a bit like overkill. But as I went through the ones I'd done -- 11, at that point -- I felt I was missing a step so added it back in. Now I have 13 with another roughed out.

Would that be 13.5 or does it count as 14? I'm not superstitious, though I see no reason to tempt the fates. They've smacked my ass around too many times for me to shrug them off. And the fact that my characters come knocking at my brain for me to tell their stories gives me a strong feeling there's a whole 'nother level of existence in this world that we haven't the ability to  see, understand or even know.

Thing is, I can't do any inking, right now, because the pen I was using is drying out and my backup suddenly exploded on me. I also got another set of notes on APoS, in an email. And my fingers want to do some walking over the keyboard and not paper. So maybe I'm being told to shift focus.

I don't know. Missing just a wicked little series dealing with how easy it would be to reinstall slavery, so long as it's geared towards fulfilling some rich jerk's sexual fantasies. Not everyone owned slaves, in the South before the Civil War. They were expensive and took a fair amount of upkeep. It was those already wealthy who had them. And it's still that way.

No question sexual slavery exists, still, and it's the wealthy who keep it going. I already played around with that in Hunter. Do I really need to repeat myself? The only difference this time is, the guy who gets grabbed is wearing a jacket with the stars & bars on it, indicating he's not nice. He's set up by a girl, and she flips him off as he's taken away.

But still...it's a bit on the repetitious side, for me. The only real difference is I'm doing my commentary in simplistic images that can be printed out and colored in, in place of words. So am I going overboard, here? Not sure.

But I do like how she's got his torn jacket as a souvenir, the way  a serial killer would...

No comments: