Derry, Northern Ireland

Derry, Northern Ireland
A book I'm working on is set in this town.

Thursday, November 23, 2023

Damn...

I did the last of a read through of CK and found a couple more spots where letters had been dropped from the text, but were correct in the printed book. And...one where a word was singular that should have been plural, which was in the printed copy. So now it's done and in a PDF and I'm beat so checking it over, tomorrow. This time just making sure the page numbers are in order. It's a holiday weekend. Nothing's getting done till Monday, anyway.

I got so engrossed in getting it done, I almost missed Thanksgiving dinner. I'd planned to make a green bean casserole and cornbread to go with the turkey slab and mashed potatoes I had, but wound up hungry so just heated everything up and made a quickie salad from a beefsteak tomato and cucumber. And had a beer. Gravy on the turkey and mashed potatoes was courtesy of a can of Campbell's mushroom soup, and it was craisins for the cranberries.

I made myself eat it at my table instead of my desk. It was nice. So easy and quiet. And I do like Shiner Bock. Now I'm having tea and contemplating what's needed for tomorrow. It's time to remove my Mac Mini from my desk, for example. I can do Photoshop on this laptop so that little beast is just taking up space.

Hope everyone's Thanksgiving was nice and non-confrontational. I just had to repost this...


No comments: