Derry, Northern Ireland

Derry, Northern Ireland
A book I'm working on is set in this town.

Tuesday, November 21, 2023

Down day...

And by down I mean emotionally. Had to handle a couple of things for the upcoming jobs in Los Angeles then had a followup eye appointment to check on this floater I have in my right eye. Seems to have stabilized, but my ophthalmologist says it's permanent and probable I'll wind up with a similar one in my left eye; that's how these things usually go.

That knocked me off center. I don't want to have to worry about going blind. That would destroy me. I'm set to go back in six months instead of a year, to keep watch on it.

It was raining steady and cold, and my neck was starting to act up. I have psoriatic arthritis in the left side of it and it hates the cold. But I found if I keep it wrapped up it's not as bad. I'd had a light lunch so was hungry and wanted a burger, but the only place around was a Mickey D's. Which was fine; I did a quarter-pounder with cheese meal.

Still, it didn't stop me from following a path of whining about where I am in life. I wanted to go straight home and just lie in bed, but I'm out of groceries -- milk, veggies, jam, DPZ, pretty close to bare except for some dry and canned goods and a couple frozen meals. So had to go Tops, and my car needed gas. Didn't get home till five.

While getting out of the car, I shifted my neck in some way that shot a vicious pain down the left side of my back. I was halfway afraid my muscles or tendons or something were going to seize up, so I did not move until it all stopped. I'm still a bit sore...

And now I'm an old man talking about his aches and pains. What a cliché.

Regarding APoS, all I did was update the synopsis and cover with Book Life. I also set up Carli's Kills with Ingram, again. I had to re-send them the files for the text and cover, but there's no cost for it. I'm going to push the book as best I can, to get its paperback sales going. They weren't at all what I'd expected with Kindle Direct. The e-book is still with Smashwords.

I'll have to build a better market for it. Most of my work is gay-oriented while CK is very straight, if rather kinky. First chapter has a naked woman who's just had sex being pushed off a 25th floor balcony to her death, by Carli...with her contemplating having fun with the naked, married male lover. Still, my audience prefers the wicked pleasure of reading about men being raped by men; a woman doing it doesn't have the same pull.

Dunno why; women can be just as cruel as men.

No comments: