Derry, Northern Ireland

Derry, Northern Ireland
A book I'm working on is set in this town.

Saturday, November 11, 2023

Learning process...

I thought I'd set up Carli's Kills with Draft2Digital to get it back out and running, and away from KDP...but when I uploaded my text it killed all the formatting I'd done. A 230 page book was suddenly 340 pages. My copyright info was on the wrong page. And it looked like they're increased the font to 12point from 11. I couldn't figure out how to get around it, so I had to dump it.

I'm checking with Ingram to see about setting it up on there, again. I simply want nothing to do with Kindle. Posting CK on there was an experiment that netted me nothing, so it's time to put the book back where it belongs.

I did some research on getting a PCN and find it's fairly straightforward. First, I'm going to copyright this draft of APoS-Derry and start that process. And I'll submit it to Publisher's Weekly to be considered for a review. If that doesn't work, then I'll hit Book Life.

I printed up a full copy of the book...which took way too long to do. Turns out my printer, for some weird reason that I cannot figure out, would not print pages in the batches I wanted...in Word. When I finally shifted to a PDF, it worked fine. Another aspect of my new laptop and programs I need to learn something about. It's probably just a switch someplace that I have to flick and can't find, on first view.

I'm so tired of not really understanding how technology works. But I'm not a quick or easy learner, with that stuff. My retentive abilities are minimal for the computer maven crap. Wish I could do better, but at least I'm not completely lost.

Yet.

No comments: