Derry, Northern Ireland

Derry, Northern Ireland
A book I'm working on is set in this town.

Sunday, November 19, 2023

Well, it's done...

I finished prepping APoS-Derry for ebook upload, next year...and submitted it to Publishers Weekly for a review. They say it could be months before I get one, if I do, but we'll see what happens. This is really becoming official. I even worked a little on the cover and think this will be it...except I need to do something about making Derry show up better.

I'm having to relearn Adobe Photoshop Ps because everything is more detailed, complex and hidden. And awkward to use, in some ways. I had to go online to find where the formatting guides were; I'd forgotten they were a folder in a folder in a different place on the screen.

I still need to make my mouse less sensitive. And trackpad. And figure out how to change the color of the pen tool. And I finally just looked up a worksheet for figuring out inches into pixels then used the cover template guide from Ingram to make sure everything was in the right place.

Good thing is, I've got plenty of time till actual publication to make it look good. Doing a hardback with a dust jacket is hard work, which is why I've only done it three times. Well, this will be number four.

Now comes the truly fun part of going through a printout of the book, page by page, backwards to finalize my hunt for the great mean typos. Soooooooooooooooooo looking forward to that.

No comments: