Derry, Northern Ireland

Derry, Northern Ireland
A book I'm working on is set in this town.

Thursday, November 9, 2023

Ps is just fucking weird

I got Photoshop Ps and started working with it and it's just different enough from the CS I had that it drives me nuts. I need to figure out a lot on it, and see how I can change it to suit my preferences, but this is the first pass I've done on a dust jacket for the book...and it took me four fucking hours just to get this.

For example, when setting the guidelines, I can't get it to work in inches, which is what the template is in. So after wasting way too long trying to figure out how to make that happen, I just reconfigured the dims of the template into pixels and did it that way. 

I'm also finding my mouse and Ps are way too sensitive to touch, together. Hell, to my fingers getting anywhere near the trackpad or mouse. I'll deal with dulling them down tomorrow.

BUT...this is beginning to come together. I looked into the Library of Congress about getting a PCN for the book, making it super-legitimate. That's a Preassigned Control Number the LoC uses to classify and list your book. I don't have to have it, but it looks so nice, in a hardcover.

I'm going to print out a copy of APoS, tomorrow. Had to go get another cartridge to get ready for it, and some other running around for meds and such. Also got a new bookshelf since I'm running out of space.

I'm beginning to think I may start getting somewhere with Brendan's story...

No comments: