Derry, Northern Ireland

Derry, Northern Ireland
A book I'm working on is set in this town.

Sunday, November 12, 2023

Some progress...

I submitted APoS-Derry for copyright protection and then for an LCCN from the Library of Congress. Should hear back in about 2 weeks. In order to submit the story to Publishers Weekly and Book Life, for reviews, I have to make it an electronic copy so spent much of today prepping that.

And I still need to finish the Table of Contents links...and since I found a fucking typo in the new stuff I'd added...of course...maybe do another look over it. No. No, I'm not going to worry about it, for that. I'll go over the printed copy with my red pen, in detail...maybe even backwards...when I get home. If all I want is a review, being anal is counter-productive.

I'm off to NYC in the morning to handle two different packing jobs so won't have a chance to do much till I return on Friday. I kind of wish I'd been able to take Amtrak down and back, since it's more leisurely and I can work on the train in much better comfort. JetBlue sends dinky jets back and forth to JFK. My flight's at 8:30am so I have to get up at 6am to get ready and go. Not my favorite time to travel.

I've expanded my time in LA for next month's job, since it looks like another might tack onto it. Besides, I want to go to the new Academy of Arts and Sciences Museum, down at Fairfax and Wilshire. Have to look into it a bit more, but it would be worth it, I think.

I'm still going to check into setting up HTRASG with D2D, since it's so offensive to Ingram and Amazon. We'll see what happens once I'm done with APoS.

No comments: