Derry, Northern Ireland

Derry, Northern Ireland
A book I'm working on is set in this town.

Tuesday, January 23, 2024

And still it snows...

The only good thing about this nonstop snow, the last week, is it tends to keep me in. Like today. Soft and steady, but about to turn to rain if the weather report is right. So I made a plan to go back to the airport on Thursday to ask about my keys and check out the piles of snow in that area. Maybe the rain will have washed a lot away, and they might show up.

Of course, when I tried to call the local Avis manager to see if the SUV have been searched, the phone number on his card was not in service. And he's ignoring my emails. And I can't get through to the counter thanks to their robo-menu continuing to keep me in a loop that takes me nowhere.

I went ahead and got spare keys made, yesterday, so I'm covered, just in case. And I'm trying really hard not to turn into a Karen over this, but fucking Avis is not being helpful, and I'm a steady client. Preferred, already!

Anyway...I just set it all aside and today went through three more chapters of APoS-NWFO, putting me up to the beginning of chapter nine. The wordage is 135,400 and page numbers 606, in 12pt Courier, double-spaced, so far. In Times New Roman 10pt and a 6x9 format, that would work out to around 300 pages. I'm just over a fourth of the way through, so this beastie is going to be bigger than Derry.

I also did some posting on Facebook and Twitter as well as Instagram, and began the set-up for notices about APoS-Derry on Pinterest, too. Not sure what I'm doing there, but anything to get the book noticed. Once it's all set, I'll post the links.

I'm also trying to figure out a cover for NWFO. Something that will tie into Derry's cover. That's going to a be a load of work. Keep it in the same style...and then do one for Home Not Home.

So much to do...

No comments: