Derry, Northern Ireland

Derry, Northern Ireland
A book I'm working on is set in this town.

Friday, January 12, 2024

Busy, busy...

The weather is looking too rough for Sunday so I'm heading out, tomorrow, and stopping south of Albany. Keeping to the toll roads all the way. They tend to be better cared for in bad weather. This way I don't need to rush, and I'll have food and drinks with me, just in case, as well as a blanket. May take my shovel, as well.

So today was spent prepping for everything to be a day earlier. Plotting out the fact that the job doubled in size. Getting additional packing materials. Refilling meds and having blood drawn. Groceries. Washing. Packing. The full deal.

I'm going back to the beginning on APoS-NWFO to zero in on issues that have come to light. Finally. I was having trouble with it...but I think I know why and hope to sort through it on the drive. One deal is making the flashbacks more centered on what Brendan's going through, at the moment. and cutting out the flashbacks I was using to fill in parts of the story.

I'm halfway wondering if I should drop the bit where he's been brought over under a fake name...but I'm getting resistance on that from Brendan. He likes the dislocation and dissociation it gives his character. He says in Derry I'll be Brendan Kinsella till I die, and now he's not. And while he feels the freedom it brings to him...he also resents it and fights to keep himself who he always was.

That's also missing from the story.

No comments: