Derry, Northern Ireland

Derry, Northern Ireland
A book I'm working on is set in this town.

Sunday, January 14, 2024

I'm weird...

Brendan's arguing with me, again, and that makes me happy. Which is crazy, but...it also means he's as focused on making NWFO as solid as Derry is. And just to be an asshole, he's given me a deadline for publishing volume two of APoS -- my birthday. July 31st. Which means I'll have a whole 5.5 months to get it in order before starting the process of uploading it and getting proof copies. Shit.

I also need it to get edited. So that's even less time. But I don't want to make the same mistake as with Derry and send it out then find I needed to make more changes to make it better and on and on. But it's going to get done, come hell or high water, and I'll worry about A Place of Safety-Home Not Home after I'm done.

That part needs a lot of work so I can't see it getting done this year. I'll try...but it's only 60% of the way there while NWFO is more like 85%.

This hotel's nice, if a bit quirky. It's atop a small hill so has a driveway that snakes back and forth to get you up to the entrance. Got a refrigerator but no microwave. No dresser drawers, either. Still it's warm and fairly quiet, so long as I leave the heater off. That thing is rattling like crazy.

I took a drive by the location, just to get an idea of what I'm faced with. It's a new high-rise condo, all glass and angles, and it had several fire trucks out front, emergency lights going. Parking is a block away, and the boxes aren't getting picked up till after noon on Tuesday, so I'm breaking up the drive home, as well. Won't get in till Wednesday evening.

If I'm lucky. Travel advisory is still up on the 90.

No comments: