Derry, Northern Ireland

Derry, Northern Ireland
A book I'm working on is set in this town.

Tuesday, January 2, 2024

Uncentered...

I had to get up early and go in to an outpatient surgery center, this morning, to have some Basel skin carcinoma cells cut out of my cheek. It didn't hurt much and only took just over an hour, but it's thrown me off. Which isn't hard to do, anymore.

They say they got it all and I'm due back next week to have the stitches removed, so healing should go well. But it looks like a caterpillar on my face. 

I couldn't focus on anything afterwards, so went back into APoS-Derry to check on something and found the table of Contents was wrong. Half of it was off by 1 number. NOT cool.

So I went back through it and found another had the old name of a chapter in the ToC. Being a paranoid freak, I then went through every page and number to make sure it was all okay before contacting Ingram and uploading the updated PDF.

After checking it, twice more. Now I'll need to verify the Smashwords version, as well. Shit.

I can't fucking believe it. I went over that story so damn many times...and still there are major blunders. This does not bode well for the next two volumes. Probably means a mental decline or cognitive abilities are worn out. I don't know.

I don't remember having this much trouble in my other stories.

No comments: