Derry, Northern Ireland

Derry, Northern Ireland
A book I'm working on is set in this town.

Monday, January 8, 2024

No breaks allowed...

It seems to be a law that the second I take a break from APoS in any way, something happens to extend it. I'm driving down to Tarrytown, NY to pack a collection of books that includes a Shakespeare 2nd folio and leafs from a Nuremberg Chronicle. Hopefully not framed, but I'm still trying to get a real answer or photos from the client. I'll be driving down in an SUV with packing materials on a 6 hour drive that, thanks to probable snow, will take more like 7-8 hours.

So there goes Sunday, Monday and Tuesday as well as much of Wednesday, to do followup. I'll now have have sufficient time to think about NWFO in many ways. But not write on it. Though, instead of making notes by hand, as I usually do while driving down that direction, I'll record them on my phone. So I'll need to transcribe them when I return.

I finished the edit of my friend's piece and sent it off to him to see what he thinks. I was pretty light with the notes and only fiddled with formatting and grammar...but knowing how sensitive paranoid authors can be...

Tomorrow the sutures come out of my cheek, and I'm taking my car in for servicing. BUT...with my laptop in hand I can work on APoS while waiting for it to get done. And supposedly it's only going to take 10-15 minutes for my bit at the doctor's. Gonna rain all day. I think I'll get an enchilada lunch plate from La Tolteca to eat while waiting. It's serviceable Mexican food, and their guac isn't bad...

Aside from family, good Mexican food is the only thing I really miss about Texas. Well...that and good BBQ. And by good I mean really messy, lovely and all over the place so that you need a dozen napkins to keep clean. This is from Taco Cabana. I ate there, twice, while in San Antonio.

Disgustingly good.

No comments: