Derry, Northern Ireland

Derry, Northern Ireland
A book I'm working on is set in this town.

Wednesday, January 3, 2024

APoS is up and soon to be running...

Ingram must not have anything happening, right now, because I've already gotten my e-proof and gone over it and authorized it for printing. I also ordered 3 copies to make sure it will come out all right. Date for publication of the hardback is still January 16th, but the e-book is available.

I went over it and found one error -- a missing period. I'm debating going through the trouble of replacing it over that, because it doesn't affect the meaning of the two sentences...

And by writing that last sentence I decided to redo the e-book, as well. Now they match, completely. It just puts me at the back of the line for final acceptance into a couple of providers. Not sure which--Apple Reader??--but that normally takes just a few days.

To center myself, again, I made potato soup, and it turned out pretty good. My one issue with it is this time I used cubed ham instead of the thin deli slices. That did not work so well. The taste is fine, but having lumps of ham to chew in the middle of the soup just isn't the right way to go.

I've also watched the last episode of Shetland-Series 8. Ashley Jensen seems to be taking over from Douglas Henshall as the DCI of the islands, which I wasn't so sure about. I'm used to seeing her in comedies like Ugly Betty and Agatha Raisin. She is on the lightweight side, but she gained ground as the story went along...through 6 episodes.

I made a note to myself that if the person I thought was the killer (by episode 2) did it, I'd be unhappy. And I was, dammit. Seems the British have lost the art of making a murder mystery a real mystery, like Agatha Christie and Ruth Rendell did, so they keep using the same outs, over and over. I've seen it in Midsomer Murders and Vera, as well. No one will ever think THIS person did it. And sometimes it's just plain stupid as well as irritating.

That said, it was a better series than the last two, which were padded to a ludicrous degree to make them series-length, and which became so predictable it lessened my respect for the characters.

No comments: