A Place of Safety - Derry / New World For Old / Home Not Home

A Place of Safety - Derry / New World For Old / Home Not Home
All three volumes are available in hardcover, paperback and ebook!

Monday, September 28, 2026

Aftermath...

Not the best of days, for me. After the chaos in my brain over nearly losing my planner I fell into second guessing every choice I'd ever made in my life and coming down hard on the side of being a total fuckup.

I had a dozen things I should have been doing -- ironing, cleaning the bathroom, sorting paperwork, and others -- but could not get the motivation to do any of it. The best I managed was sweeping the floor. I don't have carpets so that's relatively easy. Oh, and I stored away my A/C units.

But the rest of the day was doom-scrolling on my laptop. Which made my mood even worse. I posted a few memes on Xitter and Instagram...the latter of which apparently also posts to my Facebook page. Which I hadn't noticed, before. Instagram and Xitter are my political pages, but I guess there's no separating any of that from my friends-oriented FB page.

I also was feeling my age, today. Stopping dead in the middle of a room and unable to decide what to do next. This wasn't just forgetting why I'd gone in there. It was a brain freeze and inability to make a decision, for a few minutes. 

Alzheimer's runs in my families, though it's mainly my grandmother's mother's generation that dealt with it on the matriarchal side. Called it hardening of the arteries. A great uncle slipped into it, as well.

On my father's side, an uncle wound up with dementia, but some of that may have stemmed from being wounded during the war in Korea. He still had shrapnel in him.

I dunno. I'm already paranoid enough about my ability to keep going. I wanted to stop working a couple years ago, but I need the money since the GOPedophiles have cut Medicare benefits. I've already seen what's coming and if I don't want to become destitute, I keep doing the packing jobs.

More reason to question my life's choices.

No comments: