I know I left it there because I took it into the store and had it under my arm, got what I needed and took it to the register...and then I grabbed a late lunch at Dickey's but didn't take it in with me, and came straight home.
I'm in a wild state over this. It has all my contact info, addresses, medications, and appointments and travel plans. A lot of that I can reconstruct, but it's freaking me out, and I'm pissed as hell at WalMart for not putting it in lost and found.
My feeling is they just chucked it. That's how the employees there come across to me. I can't imagine someone just taking it, because it's almost used up...but what do I do? Names and addresses of friends and family are in the back of it. Do I notify all of them in case of identity theft?
Fortunately, I never put any financial info in it, and I have a freeze on my credit information so that's safe, but now I'm feeling beyond stupid for even taking it with me. Which is escalating into a crash and burn into depression...that I cannot stop.
At least I found a cheap 15-month daily minder at Target and have begun rebuilding it. But swear to God, the older I get the more likely it is I shouldn't be allowed to go anywhere with anything.
So no writing done. Nothing. I'm too focused on beating myself up.


No comments:
Post a Comment