A Place of Safety - Derry / New World For Old / Home Not Home

A Place of Safety - Derry / New World For Old / Home Not Home
All three volumes are available in hardcover, paperback and ebook!

Sunday, September 13, 2026

Lazy slob...

This was one of those days where I was so down and tired it was a fight to get anything done. Started with me realizing I'd forgotten to get quarters for laundry so had to go to a laundromat to do it. I'm morally opposed to just going in to get change so I put my whole 2 loads in the car and went to one...that was super busy.

So I went to another that was pretty open and got $20 in quarters...and paid $12 to wash and dry my 2 loads when the machines in my building would have cost me $5. Thing is, I couldn't not do laundry; I don't have that many clothes.

Then I got some groceries...nothing serious, just milk, DPZ, Icy Hot, Advil, laundry soap, and a couple other things...and it was fucking $116!

That's on top of learning my Aetna premium is increasing by 50% and my copays are going up. I'll need to look into alternatives...if available.

So I got all mopey. Tried to get out of it by adding another shelf of books to my list...this group pretty much all for Dair's Window. Poetry and books on stained glass as art and such...and it made things worse. I started work on that story back in 2008, when I took a writing course at the IFC...well, Film LA or whatever they're calling it, now.

Did make some notes for The Murder of a Quiet Man. Changed a couple points. Turned out ReShawn wasn't able to meet with Simon due to something that came up so Simon's on his own when he confronts Walstead and Manville before Judge Falwell.

But overall...it was a shit day. And tomorrow is the dentist. God...

FWIW, I had my third shot of Ozempic, last night. Maybe that's part of it.

No comments: