A Place of Safety - Derry / New World For Old / Home Not Home

A Place of Safety - Derry / New World For Old / Home Not Home
All three volumes are available in hardcover, paperback and ebook!

Monday, September 7, 2026

Multi-tasking...

Omar Chaves Vitero, artist

Doing three projects at one time qualifies for that, doesn't it? If not, it does now.

Project One -- The Murder of a Quiet Man. I worked through chapters 8, 9 and 10. which used to be two chapters but worked better being rearranged. Now 8 is 11 pages, 9 is 12 pages, and 10 is 6 pages with room to grow. This all happened today.

Project Two -- making a list of all my books, working shelf by shelf. I've done 7 and have 8-9 more to go. I'm breaking them down by fiction or nonfiction books on Ireland, general fiction or nonfiction, graphic novels and art, and my mm adult novels.

Project Three -- turned out to be making a story I posted on GayDemon into an ebook. It's titled Taking Nicky and I wrote it while dealing with my brother dying. It follows a gay screenwriter named Garrett who becomes obsessed with a skater-boi named Nicky (who's in his thirties) and how it leads him in and out of trouble.

I worked on most of it while sitting in his hospital room as he slept. Kept me grounded. And I posted it in snippets. Now I've pulled all 22 chapters together and am going through to proof it because I really didn't, at the time.

What's even better is how it's reminded me I wrote a full novel at the beginning of this year, with TN. 59,000 words. I was feeling like I'd accomplished nothing till I reminded myself of that. Publishing it will feel good, even if it is only for adults into MM general sex and non-con.

Now I need to be careful. I'm getting happy with myself and that usually means I'll fuck up somewhere somehow to remind myself of how fucked up I am.

No comments: