It's funny, but doing that added a layer of peacefulness to a horrible scene. Simon knows when he's arrested en route to the bus station that they intend to kill him.
His hands are cuffed behind his back so he maneuvers the seatbelt strap around his right wrist, and when they try to drag him from the car it tears at him and actually cuts into his skin and dislocates the bones. This way, they won't be able to fake him committing suicide.
That sounds a bit on the crazy side, but throughout the part of the story that I've written, so far, Simon shows he has a streak of cold-blooded stubbornness and will not back down even in the face of being hurt.
So they wind up burying his body and spreading the story he jumped bail to keep from facing new charges of child molestation...based on a claim where the assailant is only described as old and thin.
Not sure how this story is going to come together...and I may change this, again. I never know until it's done and published...and even then I might make adjustments.
I'm doing that with Taking Nicky. Finding typos and missing words to fix, of course, but also moments to clarify what's going on. It was posted in parts on GayDemon back when I was caught in dealing with Kelly's sickness and eventual death, so I'm not surprised I made mistakes.
Now I'm combining the 22 chapters into one file to offer through D2D as an ebook, for $0.99. Hope it does okay.


No comments:
Post a Comment