A Place of Safety - Derry / New World For Old / Home Not Home

A Place of Safety - Derry / New World For Old / Home Not Home
All three volumes are available in hardcover, paperback and ebook!

Friday, September 25, 2026

Just call me junky...

Apparently, Ozempic is known to cause vivid dreams in some people. So that explains that, at least. I wonder if it will help me with The Murder of a Quiet Man? Because Suddenly Simon isn't all that interested in being quiet.

The painting he's doing is not exactly a silent protest or vague attack on the men persecuting him. At least, it winds up not being so. The way it's aiming, right now, is he finishes the picture in vivid acrylics, including his red dab signature, and plans to varnish it when he returns from Barrington.

But he never does. 

What he does do is take a photo of the painting with his phone and uploads it to his laptop to play with in Ps. Make another postcard from...maybe. Or a letter to post in an envelope or send via email. Not sure what's going to happen with that, yet.

But it does factor into the ending of the story. Inadvertently, but still importantly. 

So today I spent cleaning up the image. Removing the noisy dirt that stems from me erasing the pencil outline of it. I also fixed the kneeling figure's leg and arm. They were kind of goofy.

I may do another for Simon to use. Not sure yet.

I'm just happy I'm still capable of doing freehand artwork.

No comments: