A Place of Safety - Derry / New World For Old / Home Not Home

A Place of Safety - Derry / New World For Old / Home Not Home
All three volumes are available in hardcover, paperback and ebook!

Friday, September 11, 2026

Taking Nicky is published...

Finished it. Set Taking Nicky up on D2D. Because it's gay erotica, it'll only be available through Smashwords, and even they may freak out once they really look into it; they are still in the process of setting it up and the Puritans are on the march.

But now I have officially published a novel this year. A bit of a cheat, and yet not. This was all more of a rewrite and polish...but still, I added another actual book to my resume. Even if I did post it for free on GayDemon at the beginning of the year. This is what counts.

The book wound up being just over 57,000 words. I'd inadvertently uploaded a chapter twice when I was linking everything together. So it's s good length for an ebook.

The MC, Rett, gets into a lot of good and bad trouble throughout, but always winds up on top. Partly because he is an amoral little shit...who has standards. And is smart enough to realize he can't always do everything on his own.

He gets a couple of cute sk8ter boys to help him, Ben and Liam, even though they may be double-crossing him to help another more powerful man gain control of him.

But Rett's snarky, vicious, contradictory and is no holds barred. That's why he's successful as a screenwriter...everything I am not. Dammit. I could never get myself to do some of the shit Rett does. And even if I tried, I'd fuck it up. Like I have so many things in my life. But that's why I write...to rework my past and present...

Anyway, this is not a night for maudling self-hate. I'm getting a nice meal, tomorrow, to celebrate...then back onto MQM.

No comments: